Summary and Suggestion

SUMMARY AND SUGGESTION

Purpose of Practicum
The Purpose of the practicum for almost a month I joined this project is the student- teacher exchange program can be a facilitator for preparing students to become a globally competitive teacher in the future. Also during this program I can improve my teaching skill past through doing actual teaching or practicum in the school. As a student teacher we can learn how to management class, make the lesson plan, how to teach with strategic and methods, etc. To learn the different culture in another country it will be a great experiences for the student-teacher. Also it’s a good opportunity to our network in the future.

Procedures of Practicum
The Procedure of the practicum is a orientation and opening program with the receiving university. First week observed situation and touring at the campus of USANT. The second week is observation and teacher assistat time at USANT senior high school and USANT Junior High School to know how the learning activities done here. Also this activity including to learn how to made a lesson plan, attendance list and prepare the materials for actual teaching. The third week is time for me to do my teaching practicum and closing program.

Outcomes of Practicum
The outcomes of this practicum I learned many thing including improve my teaching skill especially to management class, being independent and being patient during my practium in the classroom. Improve to speak english fluently and also communication skill.

The Challenges in Practicum
The challenges during the practicum of course to speak english fluently, because in Indonesia I am not accustomed to speak english in our conversation. The second challenge is to teach my students, because I am afraid if they don’t understand when I teach them. The last thing is to remember my students name, because I dont know how to spell it.

Overall impression
         Overall this practicum is very good, it’s like I have experience how to prepare my self if someday I’ll become a teacher. Then my impression for University of Saint Anthony has a good hospitality for us, they provide a comfortable place and always invite us to have vacation around camarines sur province. The buddies always accompanied us in every where since we are in Iriga city and they are very kind, humble and love us like their family . Also for my coordinator Mr. Paeng, he is very kind and helpfully during our practicum in here. Especially, for President of USANT who’s driving us when were going to Naga city, and treat us very well
Suggestion for Future Improvement
I just have one suggestion for SEAMEO, that is what if this program held more than a month like 2-3 months. Because, a month it’s just a short time for us if we want to get an experience to teach well. I hope this program will continue in the next batch, because this program it’s very excellent for students who wants to be a good teacher in the future.
 

Komentar