Teaching Practice

TEACHING PRACTICE
Procedures of Teaching

During my first until my last teaching practice I was open the first class with do greeting to the students, lead to pray together, then I checked the attendance.  But there are so many students in the classroom and I don’t have much time,  so  I asked  the students to write their name on a paper and passed it to me when its done.
After that, I do  motivational  activity.  This  activity  to  stimulate  the students  before  teacher  give  the  lesson  materials.  Then  I asked  the students about what they know from this topics it’s purpose to value the students kognitif . After that I am explain about the lesson materials. For the assessment I give the students some questions, and give times to answer than I ask to the class who wants to be a volunteer  for write the answer in chalkboard and we will correct the question together.
 
Time Management and Organizing Activites

The lesson will be held just for one hour in every day, so for management activities I spread with some parts time. Five minutes for preliminary activities included greetings, pray, and motivation activity. Thirty minutes for developmental activities teachers explanation, discussion,problem solving, and for this part I used 5E’s  (Engage, Explore, Explain, Elaborate and Evaluation) method. Then for twenty minutes for evaluation including assesment and exercise with some game. The last five minutes for conclusion and generalization from the lesson.
 
Problem Solving
First problem I’ve encountered is to speak english fluently, because I never used english in my whole days especially in the conversation. But, my cooperating teacher always give spirit to me for improve my english and also all of my student appreciate and respect to me. So, in another day I can teach them more confident. Than, my student can understand the lesson that I explain it. 


Classroom Management  
        I said before that for my actual teaching I handled 3 classes and of course every class have different behavior and character. Almost of my class contains with discipline, smart and active student, but some of my class it’s very noisy. So I should be able to manage my class and I give some rule for handled my students focus on me. Some of my student need a little push in order to focus with our lessons, but most of them really interested to learn and followed my instruction.



 

Komentar